Monday, September 13, 2010

And so it starts

I'm a military wife and mother of 2 boys, a wannabe foodie, on a budget, trying to come up with fun and healthy ideas for sending lunches to school. I have a 3YO who has to take lunch to preschool every day, and a Kindergartener who wants to. I started out the school year purchasing lunches for my kindergartener, and became very disenchanted when he was coming home starving every day, and told me that he wasn't eating because he didn't like the food. Upon investigation of the school menu, I was appalled to see the "healthy lunches" that the schools were providing (and it is on a 3 week rotation cycle, so every 4th week's menu is exactly the same as it was 3 weeks ago). Also, the price of $2 a day for a substandard meal was just ridiculous in my opinion. So I went out, bought an insulated lunchbox and some fruits, veggies, meats, breads, etc, and became a lunch packing Mama! This blog will consist of different things that are able to be sent to school for my lil ones for lunch. Hopefully I'll have a new blog at least weekly with different ideas. I figure if I can pick my own brain and the brains of my friends, then hopefully I can give some ideas to other Moms out there who wish to send healthy, affordable lunches to school with their kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment