Thursday, November 11, 2010

Been a while/the greatness of leftovers

OK so my apologies for my hiatus...hubby came home on R&R and I've been busy with appointments and school stuff and other things with the kiddos. So needless to say, the blog here has kind of taken a back-seat to life. However, I am hopefully back for the long haul now :) (until hubby redeploys of course, and then I'll most likely take another hiatus).

So with no further ado, meal idea time!

So I will be the first to admit that I am NOT a morning person. I have deployment-induced insomnia at night, and when 0600 rolls around, I am NOT ready to be up. So many times, I find myself facing the whole "OMG it's almost time to go and I forgot STILL need to make lunch!" Now, my husband is NOT a leftover eater. If it bears the POSSIBILITY of being something that I have re-heated from a previous day/night, he will not touch it with a 10 foot pole! LUCKILY, the kids are not like this. So lately, I've been making dinners that warm-over easily, and making enough of it to send to school with the kiddos. Menu items for this will be another entry, but suffice it to say that I think about how good this will be tomorrow for lunch :). So on those mornings when I am in "OMG" mode, I'm set! :D And I don't feel guilty for "giving in" and just sending him with 2 bucks to buy lunch.

Anyhow, so I know it's not much, but many mornings, leftovers from the night before have been my saving grace. And like I said before, more to come in another post ;)

Keep packing those lunches mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment